Credits[su_note note_color=”#fef5c4″][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”black”]
- Song Name: YOLO
- Artist Name / Band Name: The Lonely Island
- Featuring: Adam Levine & Kendrick Lamar
- Produced By: Needlz
- Album Name: The Wack Album
- Release Date: January 25, 2013
- Genre: Electronic, Comedy, Rap
- Record Label:
- Written By: Rhydian Davies, Rhiannon Bryan, Khari “Needlz” Cain, Kendrick Lamar, Adam Levine, Jorma Taccone, Akiva Schaffer & Andy Samberg
- Performance: Peaked at No.
- Sampled In:
- Cover By:
- Remixed By:
The Lonely Island – YOLO featuring Adam Levine & Kendrick Lamar Review
Are you ready to smile and to laugh just by listening to a song? That is what the single ‘YOLO’ is all about. It was released as the carrier single of the third CD from The Lonely Island. It features pop rock sensation Adam Levine and R&B/hip hop wonder Kendrick Lamar. It was first performed at Saturday Night Live on January 26, 2013 before it was officially released the following day.
Stop wondering about the odd title. It comes as a reference to the widely used motto ‘You Only Live Once.’ The song parodies the motto and creates a new meaning to it. It encourages listeners to enjoy life but to be aware of the daily hazards. The lyrics may tend to be satire as it touches on dangerous activities, life-threatening happenings, and economical events.
According to insiders, the original plan was to feature Katy Perry. Unfortunately, she could not grace the TV appearance. Levine and Lamar were in the same episodes and so they were tapped to appear in the performance. Some people may not take it seriously as a song, but so far, it is enjoying the raves of many for its humor.