Credits[su_note note_color=”#fef5c4″][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”black”]
- Song Name: Lose My Breath
- Artist Name / Band Name: Destiny’s Child
- Featuring: N/A
- Produced By: Fred Jerkins III & Rodney Jerkins
- Album Name: Destiny Fulfilled
- Release Date: November 10, 2004
- Genre: R&B, Pop
- Record Label: Sony Urban Music/Columbia
- Written By: JAY-Z, LaShawn Daniels, Sean Garrett, Fred Jerkins III, Rodney Jerkins, Michelle Williams, Kelly Rowland & Beyoncé
- Performance: Peaked at No.N/A
- Sampled In: N/A
- Cover By: N/A
- Remixed By: N/A
Destiny’s Child – Lose My Breath Review
After a three-year period of rest from 2001 to 2003, Destiny’s Child broke the ice and went back mainstream via the song ‘Lose My Breath,’ released in 2004. It was the first single from the pop group’s fourth CD, ‘Destiny Fulfilled.’ Not surprisingly, the single and album emerged to become a commercial success. This track was well received by the public, as indicated by its outstanding performance in world music charts.
This R&B song features a bright-dance beat with a tempo of about 120 beats each minute. It also contains notable snare drum sequences with choppy beats and topped with hand-clappy percussion that can be likened to a drumline of that of a marching band.
If you would listen to it more attentively, clipped synthesizer blips can be identified. You may realize its resemblance to the beat of the University of Michigan Marching Band.
It has lyrics that were strategically arranged to create a chorus-verse pattern. The track obviously tries to highlight not just the vocal power of Beyonce but also the powerful voices of other members of the group, namely Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Each of them was given the opportunity to shine throughout the duration of the song.