Credits[su_note note_color=”#fef5c4″][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”black”]
- Song Name: Closer
- Artist Name / Band Name: The Chainsmokers
- Featuring: Halsey
- Produced By: The Chainsmokers
- Album Name: Collage – EP
- Release Date: July 29, 2016
- Genre: Dance, Electronic, Pop
- Record Label: Columbia Records & Disruptor Records
- Written By: Joe King, Isaac Slade, Alex Pall, Halsey, Shaun Frank, Frederic Kennett & Andrew Taggart
- Performance: Peaked at No. 228
- Sampled In:
- I Love Closer Water by Kap Slap
- 2016 MASHUP by Sam Tsui (Ft. Kurt Hugo Schneider)
- Cover By:
- Closer by Kina Grannis
- Closer by Desires (Ft. Kia Castillo)
- Closer by First To Eleven
- Closer by Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox (Ft. Kenton Chen)
- Closer by FigureItOut
- Closer by Alex Goot (Ft. Against the Current)
- Remixed By:
- Closer (Justin Caruso Remix) by The Chainsmokers (Ft. Halsey)
- Closer (Huey Mack Remix) by Huey Mack
The Chainsmokers – Closer ft. Halsey Review
Until only recently, The Chainsmokers released the double platinum hit “Don’t Let Me Down” which took the world by storm. Quite frankly, no one is over with that, but seems like the duo are in a hurry to release something new and fresher. They indeed have, by their newest entrant Closer, featuring the singer Halsey.
The single is a reattempt by The Chainsmoker duo of Alex Pall and Drew Taggart to replicate the successes they had with the likes of – Roses and Don’t let me down.
Closer saw release on July 29, 2016 and was produced by The Chainsmokers themselves under the labels of Disruptor and Columbia Records.
The single has been receiving a lot of attention from the fans all over and critics alike, for its summer themed smooth flowing vibe, which is not only engaging but also nostalgic.
If you aren’t pacing yourself up with the charts lately, you’ll be surprised to know this is the duo’s third top 10 entry at No.9 within a short possible time, in addition to having all songs currently on US Billboard Hot 100 charts.
Elsewhere in the ARIA and Canada Charts, the track stands at No.2 and No.4 whereas Ireland, Scotland and Sweden saw placing the song at No.12, No.9 and No.22 respectively. The single topped out the charts in Philippines.
The single is an excellent summer remembrance of your first love, carried out in a very clever way. Featuring the vocals of Halsey – that just intensify the soul and character of the song. Looking at it, she has done justice with her vocals, without a female touch the track would definitely feel empty and bland.
The song progresses with a very simple chord progression that is not only super radio material, but full of nostalgic energy. Recalling about the times spent with a lost love – with a bittersweet conclusion.
Unlike todays pop creations, the song feels very light and smooth flowing, almost natural of how a song should go in a dream. Unlike the duo’s previous words featuring strong up down beats and instrumentation.
All in all a solid reassurance, from The Chainsmokers of what new found creativity can bring even to an old dragged topic.
A music video was accompanied with the song which features a couple recalling their good old times, being playfully-passionate in bed or the beach.
Let me know what you people think about the song in the comment section below.