Credits[su_note note_color=”#fef5c4″][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”black”]
- Song Name: Tonight I’m Getting Over You
- Artist Name / Band Name: Carly Rae Jepsen
- Produced By: Lukas Hibert & Max Martin
- Album Name: Kiss
- Release Date: September 18, 2012
- Genre: Genius Canada, Pop
- Record Label: 604, School Boy, Interscope
- Written By: Katerina Loules, Shiloh, Clarence Coffee Jr, Max Martin, Carly Rae Jepsen & Lukas Loules
- Performance: Peaked at No.
- Sampled In:
- Cover By:
- Remixed By:
Carly Rae Jepsen – Tonight I’m Getting Over You Review
The content of any ‘Tonight I’m Getting Over You’ by Carly Rae Jepsen review could be a little more predictable. The Canadian recording artist is really a hot item these days. The song is the fourth single released from her second CD ‘Kiss.’ It was originally launched in February but a remix version that features Nicki Minaj was released just this month (May).
This track talks about a painful breakup. The lyrics center around her efforts to get over an ex-boyfriend through dancing with a new guy. It helps that the song is in the electro house genre coupled with dubstep aspects. No wonder, it has been climbing significant music charts around the world.
Mixed reviews were gathered by the song from music critics. Many of them believe the song has the potential of being a club staple. Some think the track is as risqué as ‘This Kiss,’ her previous single. The upbeat tempo makes it a bona fide summer party anthem. You could easily agree that it is a fun song to hear. The song has Jepsen’s influences all over it. That is why it is another important single from her.