Credits[su_note note_color=”#fef5c4″][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”black”]
- Song Name: Safe and Sound
- Artist Name / Band Name: Capital Cities
- Produced By: Ryan Merchant, Sebu Simonian & Capital Cities
- Album Name: In a Tidal Wave of Mystery
- Release Date: January 6, 2011
- Genre: Dance, Pop, Synthpop, Rock
- Record Label: Lazy Hooks, Capitol
- Written By: Sebu Simonian, Ryan Merchant & Capital Cities
- Performance: Peaked at No.
- Sampled In: N/A
- Cover By: N/A
- Remixed By: N/A
Capital Cities – Safe and Sound Review
This ‘Safe and Sound’ by Capital Cities review underlines the fact that the song is a gem, which truly deserves to be a huge hit. Upon hearing the track, it is easy to assert that it discreetly unites contemporary electronics and midtempo pop. It has a unique sound that could have found its comfort and popularity during the mid-1970s radio playlist.
The irresistibly upbeat lyrics complete the package. The words used conveyed an optimistic message that provides reassurance for enduring support. You may think that it is actually a simple message but it surely could put some smiles into your face. The unison style in singing provides warmth and organic feel to this track. As if those were still not enough, there is a flurry of horns that animate the instrumental breaks.
The electronic foundation pushes the electronics into its background. As a consequence, the song has a truly human feel. The song could whet your appetite for contemporary pop music. Indeed, more people want to hear more from this duo.
Capital Cities is comprised of Sebu Simonian and Ryan Merchant. They signed a recording contract with Capitol Records just last year. This song could be a great entry into the music scene.