Credits[su_note note_color=”#fef5c4″][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”black”]
- Song Name: Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
- Artist Name / Band Name: Beyoncé
- Featuring: N/A
- Produced By: Tricky Stewart, The-Dream & Beyoncé
- Album Name: I Am… Sasha Fierce
- Release Date: September 13, 2008
- Genre: R&B, Pop
- Record Label: Music World Music/Columbia
- Written By: Kuk Harrell, Beyoncé, The-Dream & Tricky Stewart
- Performance: Peaked at No.N/A
- Sampled In: N/A
- Cover By: Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Liza Minnelli, Single Ladies by Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox (Ft. Ariana Savalas), Single Ladies by The Cleverlys, Drop It Like It’s Royal by Bastille
- Remixed By: Single Ladies (Remix) by Beyoncé (Ft. Nicki Minaj)
Beyoncé – Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) Review
The song ‘Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)’ is one of the two lead singles from Beyonce’s third studio album as a solo recording artist, ‘I Am…Sasha Fierce,’ which was released in 2008. Again, this track showcased her persona and aggressive alter ego on stage, Sasha Fierce. According to insiders, the song was written under the inspiration from her then secret marriage to rapper and long-time boyfriend Jay-Z.
It won three notable Grammy Awards in 2008: Song of the Year, Best Female Vocal Performance (R&B), and Best R&B Song. The track was even named as among the finest songs produced that year by various media organizations like Rolling Stone, Time magazine, and MTV News.
Its paid digital sales has so far exceeded 5 million downloads globally, making it among the best selling singles of all time. It dominated not just the US Billboard Hot 100 but also different music charts worldwide.
The track talks about men’s usual unwillingness to make a romantic commitment. To date, the song remains as her only take about marriage in general. According to its lyrics, she was in a club celebrating her recent breakup when she saw her ex-boyfriend there.